This section is for organizations seeking accreditation.
The following are the standard criteria that the course provider will need to demonstrate in detail when applying for accreditation with the International TEFL Organization:
The Institution/course provider has:
1. A clear statement of purpose.
2. A management and staffing system which is well-trained, qualified, and aware of the standard criteria.
3. A clear and fair application procedure.
4. A clear and concise description of courses and awards offered to potential trainees; the institution endeavors to match students' needs to their qualifications and experience.
5. A clear and consistent method of operation by its staff.
6. A desire to subject its courses to a rigorous inspection process which will be ongoing.
7. An ongoing staff development policy.
8. An ongoing course development policy.
9. Procedures for ongoing trainee support throughout their course and beyond.
10. Clear standards and procedures for the award of its certificates.